Monday, August 12, 2013

Pesto and Cheese Stuffed Chicken


I have a small obsession with pesto. There is a booth at the Madison, Wisconsin farmers market that sells the best pesto I've ever had. Whenever I go to Madison I always buy a ton and stock up. I love the combination of chicken and pesto pasta, so I decided to try putting the pesto on the chicken. And cheese. Cheese goes with everything.

Double or triple the recipe if you're making for more than one person as I only made this for myself

Ingredients:
  • Boneless skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tbsp pesto
  • 1 tbsp sour cream
  • 1/4 c. parmesan cheese
  • Toothpicks
Directions:
  1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Take chicken breast and trim off any fat
  3. Place chicken in a ziploc bag and pound until the chicken is thin (I used a hammer... we should probably buy a real meat mallet!)
  4. Combine pesto, sour cream, and half of the parmesan cheese
  5. Spread the mixture onto the chicken
  6. Roll the chicken up and secure with toothpicks (I didn't do a great job pounding the chicken so it more just folded in half instead of really rolled up... either or is fine!)
  7. Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan cheese
  8. Place chicken in greased dish
  9. Cover with tin foil and bake for 30 minutes
  10. Remove tin foil and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked all the way through
I ate this with fettuccine but this would be delicious just as is!

Enjoy!

Kelsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment