Sunday, August 18, 2013

Brown Sugar Crusted Bacon


I love bacon. While obviously not the best food for you, I like to treat myself to it from time to time. Wanting to spruce my bacon up a little bit, I decided to add a brown sugar crust to it this time. Outcome - delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 pound thick cut bacon
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
Directions:
  1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
  2. Lay out bacon onto the baking sheets (use two if necessary)
  3. Sprinkle brown sugar on top of bacon
  4. Place bacon in COLD oven (this is the trick to the best bacon!!)
  5. Turn oven to 375 degrees
  6. Cook about 30 minutes. Check often!! I forgot to set a timer and all of my bacon burned... though that's how I like it so I wasn't concerned. But check often if you don't like it as well done as I do!
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment