Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cheese and Cracker Chicken


I love cheese. Add in crackers and I'm even happier. Honestly I've had just cheese and crackers as a meal when I'm busy. This recipe adds this delicious recipe together and it is SO GOOD! I don't think the picture does it any justice. I make this probably once every two weeks and have memorized the recipe by now. Also, triple the recipe if you're making for a family of four or more, as I just make it for myself with one extra serving for lunch the next day

Ingredients:
  1. 1 skinless boneless chicken breast
  2. 5 Ritz crackers
  3. 1/2 c. skim milk (if necessary, use 1% or whatever you have on hand)
  4. 1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
  5. Dried parsley
  6. Salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Set the oven to 400 degrees
  2. Cut chicken breast into 2 pieces
  3. Make 3 bowls: 1 with crushed crackers (I just crush them with my hands but you can do it with a small food processor) and dashes of salt and pepper, 1 with the milk, and 1 with the cheese
  4. Dip the chicken from the milk to the cheese to the crackers. Press the cheese and crackers in so they stick
  5. Spray a pan with cooking spray and toss chicken inside. I top the chicken with the rest of the cheese and cracker mixture because why waste it?!
  6. Sprinkle a small amount of dried parsley on top
  7. Cover with tin foil and bake for 35 minutes
  8. Remove foil and bake another 15 minutes.

The original recipe also makes a cream sauce to top the chicken. I've never tried it as I think just the chicken is good enough on its own, but if you're interested in that, find the recipe here

I always eat this with brown rice and should probably start adding in a vegetable...

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment