Thursday, August 15, 2013

Chicken Piccata


I made this dinner and ate off of our wedding china. A special plate for a special meal! This was what I ate the night before my half marathon. I ran the Chicago Rock and Roll. It was my first time ever running this far. I wanted something delicious to fill me up the night before and this was perfect. I think the next time we have guests over I'll make this, as it looks and tastes super fancy but is pretty easy!

Ingredients:
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 c. Italian breadcrumbs
  • 1 egg
  • 4 tbsp. butter
  • 1 c. chicken broth
Directions:
  1. Slice chicken breasts in half to make 4 thin breasts
  2. Place breadcrumbs on a plate
  3. Beat egg and place on another plate
  4. Take one breast and put in egg and then cover in the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the rest
  5. In a large skillet, turn heat to medium high and melt 2 tbsp. of butter
  6. Place two of the breasts in, and cook for 8 minutes, 4 minutes per each side
  7. Place in foil and make a foil packet to keep warm
  8. Add the other 2 tbsp. of butter to pan, and repeat with the other two breasts. Take off and add to foil tent
  9. Pour chicken broth in warm skillet, and scrape up any loose brown bits.
  10. Bring to a boil, reduce heat slightly and simmer for 5 minutes
  11. Serve chicken with sauce poured over
I made this with plain pasta with torn spinach bits on top and poured the sauce on top of the chicken and pasta, or the Garlic Butter and Spinach Pasta if you want even more butter!

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

Successful race!


No comments:

Post a Comment