Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers




The Allman Brothers Band has been my favorite band since my Dad introduced them to me when I was three years old. They played in Chicago last night at the Chicago Theater, and I bought my Dad tickets for Fathers Day. I wanted to cook him dinner beforehand, and thought blue cheese stuffed burgers would be perfect! They turned out juicy and absolutely delicious.

Serves 8

Ingredients:
  • 2 lbs. ground beef chuck
  • 1 tbsp. minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 8 oz. blue cheese
  • 8 whole wheat buns
  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of paprika
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Dash of cayenne powder
  • Dash of oregano
  • Dash of basil
  • Butter
  • Tomato
  • Lettuce
  • Red onion
  • Avocado and Mayo Spread  (optional)
  • Parmesan Garlic Grilled Corn  (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill
  2. In a bowl, combine beef, garlic, and all spices, and mix gently
  3. Divide into 16 small patties 
  4. In a separate bowl, crumble the cheese and form into 8 equal patties
  5. Put 1 cheesy patty on the top of 8 small patties

6 stuffed burgers and 2 regular for Andrew
     6. Top 8 cheese-topped patties with another patty and seal edges to hold in blue cheese
     7. Place on grill and cook to desired temperature (4 minutes for medium)
     8. Brush buns with butter and add to grill for 1 minute


  
Riggins being a huge help
9. Eat with desired toppings (like Avocado and Mayo Spread)
My Dad's plate

My plate

We ate 4 of the burgers, and I put the other 4 in the freezer to eat at another time!



Enjoy!

Kelsey

Such a great night!

 Recipe inspired by this

No comments:

Post a Comment