Thursday, August 15, 2013

Homemade Popcorn (Part I)


I used to eat a bag of popcorn everyday after school in highschool, so one year for Christmas my Mom got me the above bowl. Those were the days when I ate the bagged popcorn, which I will never eat anymore. Not only are the bags full of chemicals, I think homemade popcorn tastes 1000% better. Andrew makes me a bowl all of the time, and we did tonight to cheer on the Bears!

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
  • 1/4 c. popcorn kernels
  • Salt
Directions:
  1. Pour oil in pot over medium high heat with 3 kernels
  2. Shake pan around so kernels are covered in oil
  3. Wait until all 3 kernels have popped, and pour the rest of the kernels in
  4. Shake the pan across the heat, and take pan off stove when kernel pops are 1-2 seconds apart
  5. Top with salt
My roommate in college used to top her homemade popcorn with Lowry's seasoning or parmesan cheese. My sister adds pepper. You could even add melted butter if you're feeling extra fancy.

Enjoy!

Kelsey

1 comment:

  1. Try just popping the your popcorn in coconut oil and a little tad of salt....that's all you need. Yummm!!!!

    ReplyDelete