Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Portillos Chocolate Cake

 

Portillos cake is one my FAVORITE things. My husband and I actually considered having it at our wedding... (which, looking back, I wish we had). If you've never had it, it's the most delectable chocolaty cake I've ever had (the mayo is the secret). For our wedding anniversary this year, I wanted to try to make a homemade version. This was totally the same! I am not exaggerating when I say it was gone in two days... mostly my fault. It's addicting. And the best part is how easy it is!

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Betty Crocker Devil's Food Cake (get the one that says "super moist" on it)
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 c. cold water
  • 1 c. mayo
  • 2 cans Betty Crocker chocolate frosting
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Grease 2 cake pans
  3. In a bowl, mix all ingredients except for frosting. Low for 30 seconds, and high for 3 minutes

  4. Split the batter between the 2 pans
  5. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
  6. Let cakes cool completely on a wire rack
  7. Place one cake on a cake platter, and frost with about 3/4 of one can of frosting
  8. Place the second cake on top, and use the remaining frosting to cover everything (the frosting in the middle of the two cakes is my favorite part so I put a lot of frosting there!) 
     

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment