Saturday, November 2, 2013

"Prison" Cheesecake


I watched the entire first season of Orange is the New Black in about two days. It is so good. I love all of the characters and find the entire system fascinating. My book club read the book, and it was just as good. (Fun fact: it's a true story!) I found the book a little confusing though, especially after watching the series, because the author changed character names from real life to the book, and then from the book to the series. So while I was reading, I kept thinking, "Wait, who is this?!" Regardless, I enjoyed each.

Piper gives a recipe for "prison" cheesecake and I just had to try it. I LOVE cheesecake, and using laughing cow cheese as a base fascinated me. I altered her recipe a little bit. I actually think it tasted a lot like key lime pie, which is another favorite!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 stick of butter
  • 6 oz. Graham Cracker crumbs
  • 6 oz. of Coffee Mate
  • 4 vanilla pudding cups
  • 1 c. lemon juice
  • 1 round of original Laughing Cow cheese (8 wedges)
Directions:
  1. Melt the butter in the microwave in a microwave safe bowl
  2. Stir in Graham Cracker crumbs and mix well
  3. Press into the bottom of a pie dish
  4. Place in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes (or in the oven at 350 for about 6 minutes)
  5. Meanwhile, squash cheese and stir until you can get it as smooth as possible

  6. Mix in 1/2 c. lemon juice and stir
  7. Mix in pudding and stir
  8. Mix in the rest of the lemon juice and keep stirring, trying to get all of the lumps out
  9. Mix in Coffee Mate and stir until smooth and thick
  10. Pour over crust
  11. Put in the refrigerator for at least four hours
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment