Saturday, November 2, 2013

Roasted Acorn Squash with a Buttered Brown Sugar Glaze


If Fall had a taste... this would be it.

I saw an acorn squash the last time I was at the grocery store and I realized I've never had acorn squash before! This whole journey started with trying to be more adventurous with food, so I picked it up. Amazing. So tender and buttery and delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1 acorn squash
  • 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 tsp. packed brown sugar
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Cut the squash in half lengthwise (not the equator)
  3. Scrape out seeds
  4. Arrange on baking sheet
  5. Cut butter in half
  6. Rub each half with half of the butter, putting the leftover putter in the middle of the squash
  7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
  8. Put 1 tsp. of the brown sugar in each half
  9. Roast for about 40 minutes, or until fork tender
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment