Sunday, November 17, 2013

Mayonnaise Grilled Cheese

 

Apparently November 3rd was National Sandwich Day. How did I miss it?! I love sandwiches. Afterwards, I was reading some articles about sandwiches, and one suggested using mayonnaise on a grilled cheese instead of butter. This blew my mind. I had to try it.

Verdict: amazing! I almost think it was better than when I made Bacon Grilled Cheese and I grilled the sandwich in bacon fat. Maybe I'll have to do a blind taste test :)

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices white bread (I always think white bread is better for grilled cheese)
  • 2 slices American cheese
  • 2 tbsp. mayonnaise
Directions:
  1. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat
  2. Spread mayonnaise over one side of each slice of bread
  3. Put the mayonnaise sides of the breads together
  4. Top with cheese
  5. Pick up top slice of bread with cheese and put on skillet, mayo side down
  6. Top with other piece of bread, mayo side up
  7. Cook for about 3 minutes
  8. When brown, flip
  9. Cook for about 3 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bread is browned
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment