Friday, November 8, 2013

Chipotle Soaked Tuna Vegetable Salad


Have you ever had the salad dressing from Chipotle? It's amazing. I've only had it a few times, but every time I can't get over how much I like it. I've been eating a ton of candy, and I wanted to make a healthy salad. I had canned tuna, but plain tuna doesn't sound too appetizing. So I decided to soak the tuna in the salad marinade first, and then top with a ton of vegetables. This was amazing! I literally wanted to lick my bowl clean. And I topped the whole thing with lettuce with the marinade at the bottom so the greens didn't get soggy by lunch time.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp. salad dressing
  • 1 can tuna
  • 1/4 c. rinsed kidney beans
  • 1/4 c. hot salsa
  • 1/2 c. mixed vegetables (I buy the frozen bags)
  • 1 1/2 c. mixed greens
Directions:
  1. Put tuna in the bottom of a dish
  2. Pour salad dressing over
  3. Pour kidney beans over
  4. Pour hot salsa over
  5. Pour vegetables over (I defrosted the veggies first under hot water in a strainer)
  6. Finally, top with salad greens
I made this in the morning and let the tuna soak in the dressing for about 4 hours. You could also do this the night before. Mix everything before eating so the marinade the tuna was soaking in hits everything. Delish!
Love the dressing on the bottom so the greens don't get soggy!
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment