Monday, November 18, 2013

Caramelized Salmon


I was having my sister over for dinner to discuss her Bachelorette Weekend (VEGAS!) and I wanted to make something delicious, but something simple enough I could cook while chatting. This was perfect. I LOVE the char it gave the salmon. Will definitely be making this over and over!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. table salt
  • Dash of pepper
  • 16 oz. salmon
  • Olive oil
Directions:
  1. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper in bowl
  2. Cut salmon into filets (I made 3), keeping skin on
  3. Cover all sides of each filet in sugar mixture  
  4. Heat olive oil over medium on a nonstick skiller
  5. When oil is hot (hot enough to pop a popcorn kernel), put salmon on, skin side down
  6. Cook for 5 minutes
  7. Flip each filet and cook for another 5 minutes
  8. Preheat broiler to 450 degrees
  9. Sprinkle some sugar and salt on top of each filet
  10. Put salmon in broiler for about 7 minutes, checking often so the salmon doesn't burn
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Lunch the next day - amazing!

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment