Saturday, November 2, 2013

Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Seeds


I made Roasted Acorn Squash with Buttered Brown Sugar Glaze (which was amazing by the way) and wanted to use the seeds for something. I had great success with pumpkin seeds (Sweet Roasted Pumpkin Seeds and Salty Roasted Pumpkin Seeds, so I thought I'd try the next "S" word I could come up with - spicy!

Ingredients:
  •  Seeds from a medium acorn squash
  • 1/2 tsp. olive oil
  • Dash of sea salt
  • Dash of paprika
  • Dash of cumin
  • Dash of red pepper flakes
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 325 degrees
  2. Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise
  3. Scoop out seeds
  4. Clean, strain, and lightly dry with some paper towels
  5. Pour all ingredients over seeds and mix with hands
  6. Put in oven for about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment