Sunday, November 24, 2013

Peppermint Chocolate Heart


I saw a picture on Pinterest of a chocolate heart covered in peppermints on a stick. I thought it was a really cute idea so I decided to re-create it! The picture had white chocolate and what looked like red sprinkles, but I used milk chocolate and mashed peppermint pieces.

I wanted to experiment and just made one, so obviously multiply if you want more!

Ingredients:
  • Kabob stick
  • 4 mini peppermint hooks (what are they called in that shape?)
  • 1/8 c. chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Cover cookie sheet with wax paper
  2. Align kebob and two of the peppermints so the tip of the kebob stick hits where the middle part of the heart falls
  3. Put the other two peppermints in a Ziploc bag and mash with a hammer to pieces
  4. Put chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl
  5. Microwave in 30 second intervals until melted
  6. CAREFULLY and slowly, pour or spoon chocolate into open space
  7. Top with peppermint pieces
  8. Put into refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
So I had a bit of a fail moment and poured the chocolate too quickly. I wanted a nice picture, so I wiped chocolate off with ear cleaning sticks :)


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment