Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Bacon Grilled Cheese


My Dad reads a blog of a fellow financial adviser who is also a foodie. This week, he wrote about all the things you can do with grilled cheese. So this gave me the great idea of adding bacon to my grilled cheese. While I was grilling the bacon, I went to get a second pan, and thought, "Well this is silly, why don't I just cook the grilled cheese in the bacon fat?" Best idea EVER. And don't tell me this is unhealthy. You only live once :)

Ingredients:
  • Two slices of bread (I used whole wheat white as I think white is better for grilled cheese, but do what you like/have on hand)
  • Two slices of bacon (or more or less depending on your preferences)
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • Two slices of American cheese
Directions:
  1. Heat griddle on medium low
  2. Butter one side of each slice of bread
  3. Put bacon on griddle and cook until done to your liking (I like my bacon almost completely burned, but that's me)
  4. Take bacon off, and blot in paper towels
  5. Stick buttered pieces of bread together, place down cheese, break bacon in half and put on sandwich
  6. Keeping heat on medium low, put one slice of bread (butter down) on griddle, topped with cheese and bacon, and cover with other piece of bread, butter side up
  7. Slide bread around in bacon fat until it's coated
  8. Flip sandwich in about 5 minutes, try to wipe up more bacon fat with the other side, and keep cooking until cheese is completely melted
One tip: you can chop the bacon up in smaller pieces if you like before putting on the bread with the cheese. When the cheese was hot, and I took a bite, a whole bacon piece would come out. Though I'm not complaining. Up to you!

 Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment