Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Banana and Blueberry "Ice Cream"


My sister sent me this recipe and after I read through everything I thought, "That looks way too easy, I wonder if it tastes any good." Let me tell you, this is amazing. It tastes exactly like ice cream! And it's only made out of fruit! I feel like maybe I'll be that Mom who tricks her kids and tells them this is what ice cream is... When I make this next, I want to try strawberries. Make this - you'll love it!

Ingredients:
  • 4 firm ripe bananas
  • 1 c. fresh blueberries
  • Pinch of kosher salt (My Mom said this helps bring out the sweetness - who knew?!)
Directions:
  1. The night before, peel bananas and chop into thick cubes. Freeze
  2. The next day, pulse everything together in a food processor until smooth. Scrape down the edges as needed.
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here




No comments:

Post a Comment