Saturday, August 31, 2013

Homemade Nachos


There was a place called Stadium Bar in Madison, Wisconsin that had the BEST nachos on this planet (they have since closed... RIP Stadium Bar). Andrew and I went there for a date very early on in our relationship, and we ordered nachos as an appetizer, and then both ordered a full entree. About 10 minutes after we ordered, our waitress came over with one of those stands you put pizza on. "Oh, we didn't order pizza." "Yeah, I know, this is for your nachos." We looked at each other confused. A few minutes later, the biggest stack of nachos I have ever seen in my life was delivered to us. Not only do they have nacho cheese, but they also put shredded cheese on. Amazing! A few years ago we drove an hour and a half out of our way after completing Warrior Dash to grab these for lunch. We always try to re-create them, and they are never as good, but these were a close second.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lb. lean ground beef
  • Tortilla chips (I like Tostitos, Andrew likes the authentic Mexican kind)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese
  • Plain Greek yogurt
  • Salsa
Directions:
  1. Brown beef until you no longer see any pink
  2. Drain
  3. Add back to pan with seasoning
  4. Top chips with beef, and cheese
  5. Microwave for 30 seconds
  6. Add additional toppings
I LOVE sour cream, and this time I used plain Greek yogurt, and I promise I could not tell the difference!! It's crazy. Greek yogurt from now on for me.


If we had only known this was going to be the last time we went to Stadium Bar... :(



Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment