Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fried Bananas with a Honey and Cinnamon Glaze


This was SO GOOD. I feel like I say everything on this blog is "so good", but if you make one thing, make this! (And maybe the Cookie in a Cup... I'm a big dessert person). I also used coconut oil, which I think is the weirdest thing because I use it for moisturizer but you can also eat it... but it has crazy health properties so I thought why not?

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. coconut oil (could use olive oil if you don't have it)
  • 1 under-ripe banana
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1 tbsp. water
  • Dash of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Cut up banana into slices
  2. Heat coconut oil over medium heat on a skillet
  3. Add slices of banana to hot skillet and make sure both sides are cooked until brown
  4. Remove from heat
  5. In a separate bowl, whisk together honey and water
  6. Pour honey mixture on top of banana
  7. Dash cinnamon on top
We ate this on top of vanilla ice cream. Amazing. The hot banana paired with the cold ice cream, and the glaze of the honey. Yum.

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment