Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Mixed Berry Yogurt "Cookies"


I found this recipe for yogurt "cookies". Doing this blog, I'm slowly realizing I put Greek yogurt in everything... I guess that's a good thing, right?!

These are not cookies, but I can't figure out what they are. They're not crispy enough to be like muffin tops. They're like cooked dough? I know... sounds so appetizing. I couldn't decide if I liked these, but then I ended up eating all of them. I know, I'm not selling these to you at all.. the good thing is they're super easy! Try them and post if you can figure out how to describe how they taste :)

I only wanted to make 12 cookies, so I cut the original recipe in 1/4, but it's quite hard cutting one egg in fourths! So I left the original quantities...

Ingredients:
  •  1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt
  • 1 large egg, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup fresh mixed berries (I used blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
Directions:
  1.  Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
  2. Line sheet with baking mat (or grease)
  3. Mix together sugar and yogurt
  4. Blend in egg and vanilla
  5. In another bowl, whisk the flour, baking power, and salt together, and then blend in yogurt mixture
  6. Add berries and lightly mix. Some berries might break apart while you mix, especially the raspberries - I thought it changed the dough a cool pink color 
  7. Make balls of dough and put onto baking sheets (my dough was super sticky so I used a spoon and my fingers)
  8. Bake for about 10 minutes until the cookies are barely browning on the edges
  9. Remove from the oven, let cool a few minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack

Original recipe here
(She also makes a lemon cream cheese frosting that goes with the "cookie" that I didn't make but sounds good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment