Sunday, August 18, 2013

Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies



I told my book club (we're reading Night Circus) I would bring something to our meeting tomorrow night, so I did some searching on Pinterest and found these. I had all the ingredients at our house, and the main ingredient is peanut butter, which happens to me one of my and my husband's favorite things. These were quick, easy, and delicious!

Now I have to go read 200 more pages in less than 24 hours... wish me luck!!


Ingredients:
  • 1 c. creamy peanut butter
  • 2/3 c. packed brown sugar (I used light but the original author suggests dark, but says either works fine)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2/3 c. rolled oats (I used quick oats which she says not to do but I think they taste great!)
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2/3 c. chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Turn oven on to 350 degrees
  2. Mix together the oats and baking soda in a small bowl
  3. In an electric mixer, mix together peanut butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla
  4. Use a wooden spoon to mix in oats and baking soda
  5. Add the chocolate chips
  6. Cover baking sheets with cooking spray or a Silpat 
  7. Scoop dough with an ice cream scoop and place balls about 2 inches apart.
    8. Cook for 10 minutes
    9. Cool for 2 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack
   10. When storing cookies, always remember to add in a piece of bread to keep cookies soft and
       chewy!

Topped mine with ice cream


Empty after Book Club... that's a good sign!


Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment