Saturday, August 31, 2013

Blue Cheese, Avocado, and Roasted Red Pepper Dip Crostini



This came out of a "what do we have in our fridge?" moment, and turned out to be one of the most delicious mini appetizers I've ever made! I had leftover blue cheese from the Blue Cheese Stuffed Burgers, leftover avocado from the Avocado and Mayo Spread, and little pieces of bread and red pepper dip from celebrating my sister Bailey's birthday (the red pepper dip is from Foodstuffs and my all-time favorite dip since I was 12).

Ingredients:
  • One large loaf of French bread, cut up into slices
  • 1/2 avocado
  • 1 c. blue cheese
  • 1 container roasted red pepper dip
Directions:
  1. Spread roasted red pepper dip onto bread
  2. Chop avocado and crumble blue cheese into chunks
  3. Top on bread
OR I wanted to bring this to a friend's house who was having me over for dinner, and I was worried the little crumbles would fall off in the car. So I spread everything out!
  1. Spread on blue cheese first
     
  2. Then spread on avocado
  3. Top with the roasted red pepper dip!

    I thought the version with the chunks was more fun to eat, but the spreadable version was just as delicious. I believe technically crostini's are toasted, so if you wanted to also toast them go for it! I wanted to keep that doughy, fleshy bread inside.

    YUM!

    Enjoy!

    Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment