Saturday, August 10, 2013

"Green" Spaghetti Squash


This was my first experience with spaghetti squash. As someone who LOVES pasta, I thought I would give it a try. Result: loved it! So surprising how easy it is, and one squash makes a TON. I was feeling sick when I made this so I thought I'd fill it up with even more vegetables. The result was quite a green plate.

Ingredients
  1. One squash
  2. Pesto
  3. Avocado
  4. Peas
Directions
  1. Pierce the squash several times with a sharp knife
  2. Microwave for 11 minutes
  3. Let sit for 5 minutes
  4. Cut open along the equator (I had my husband do this, it was still quite hard)
  5. Scoop out all the seeds and toss them
  6. Shred the remaining squash with a fork to make the "spaghetti"
  7. Add in pesto, pureed avocado, and peas
 Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment