Saturday, August 10, 2013

Cheese Bacon Hot Dog

My husband loves hot dogs, so on a night when he was making hot dogs, I asked him to make me one and decided to dress mine up a little bit

Ingredients:
  1. Hot dog
  2. One slice of cheese
  3. Two slices of bacon (I used turkey bacon in an attempt to be semi-healthy... but go with the regular bacon here)
  4. Toothpicks
Directions:
  1. Cook hot dog according to directions (boil? I don't make them, Andrew always does)
  2. Slice hot dog about half way through, even that it can fan open but not too much that it splits in two
  3. Stuff with cheese (I cut up one slice and stuff it in there, you could probably use shredded cheese well)
  4. Wrap with bacon and secure with toothpicks
  5. Cook on griddle until bacon is done

The cheese kind of seeps out, so I topped the hot dog with the the browned cheese. So. Good. I also just ate with a fork and knife but you could probably eat this with a nice browned bun.

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment