Saturday, August 10, 2013

Brown Sugar and Soy Sauce Salmon



#1 This was the first meal I made! I have always loved salmon, and my Mom makes this delicious salmon with a soy saucy glace. So I tried to do something similar and this is what I did:

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pound salmon fillets
  • Garlic powder
  • Salt
  • 1/3 c. soy sauce
  • 1/3 c. brown sugar
  • 1/3 c. water
  • 1/4 c. vegetable oil
Directions:

1. Season 1 1/2 pound salmon fillets with garlic powder and salt
2. Combine the following: soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil, until the sugar is dissolved
3. Pour mixture into a bag, add salmon, make sure each fillet is evenly covered, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours
4. Make a foil packet for each fillet and close, making sure you leave room for air to get around.
5. Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes

DELICIOUS! The salmon comes out so moist and delicious

Original recipe here

I added brown rice (I get the organic kind from Trader Joes) and steamed brocolli

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment