Saturday, September 14, 2013

Beer Candied Bacon



I'm in the middle of a bacon obsession right now. First I added it to my grilled cheese (Bacon Grilled Cheese and Bacon and Fried Egg Grilled Cheese). Then I took it a step further and added brown sugar to add some caramalization (Brown Sugar Crusted Bacon). Then I added maple to the bacon Maple Bacon Popcorn). This is kind of a hybrid of the maple and sugar combination. I love my bacon really well done and crispy, and this was such a delicious way to eat it.

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 lb. thick bacon
  • 1/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1/8 c. + 1 tbsp. beer (I used Budweiser)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl and whisk well
  3. Place aluminum foil over baking sheet
  4. Place cooling rack inside of baking sheet
  5. Put bacon on top of cooling rack
  6. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes
  7. Remove from oven
  8. Brush one side of bacon with syrup, flip bacon over, and brush the other side
  9. Cook for 10 minutes
  10. Repeat steps 7 and 8 every 10 minutes until bacon is crispy and you've used all the syrup
  11. Cool on wire rack for about one hour (use your time to workout, you'll need the deficit of calories!)







You can blot the bacon at the very end, otherwise the grease sticks to the bacon (I just left it on)

The first night, I ate this on top of a leftover Blue Cheese Stuffed Burger (which I topped with white American, onion, and mayo)


The second night I crumbled some on top of leftover pizza



Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment