Sunday, September 1, 2013

Kooker Pasta


This is my favorite meal in the entire world. It is called "Kooker Pasta" because my family nickname is "Kooker" (rhymes with duke-er, long story) and I would request this every year for dinner on my birthday. It quickly became Kooker Pasta. I actually think the leftovers are as good, and maybe even better, than when it's fresh.

Ingredients:
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 2 cloves minced garlic
  • 1/2 lb. chicken breast, cut into cubes
  • 3/4 c. oil packed sun dried tomatoes, drained
  • 1 tsp. dried basil
  • 1/4 c. dry white wine
  • 3/4 c. chicken broth
  • 1 1/2 c. broccoli florets or cut up asparagus
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • 8 oz. pasta
  • Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper
Directions
  1. Heat olive oil (can also use the oil from the sun dried tomatoes) and saute garlic until golden, about one minute
    I always put one popcorn kernel in the oil, and when the kernel pops, I know the oil is ready!
  2. Add chicken and cook until almost white and completely cooked through

  3. Add broccoli (or asparagus) and saute until tender
  4. Add tomatoes, basil, salt, pepper, wine, broth, and butter and stir
  5. Cook about 5 minutes until everything is heated through
  6. Toss with pasta and sprinkle with cheese
Make sure you get a good amount of the sauce on the pasta along with the chicken and broccoli and tomatoes.

Enjoy!

Kelsey

From my Mom's cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment