Monday, September 9, 2013

Maple Bacon Popcorn


I went out to dinner with some friends at Bridge House Tavern over the weekend. At the bottom of the menu, they write, "BACON... on anything $2." "Is bacon the new thing? I feel like I see it everywhere!" my friend said.

I also love the combination of maple syrup and bacon. Whenever I eat pancakes, I always pour an equal amount of syrup over my pancakes as I do over my bacon. Why not combine them and top popcorn with it?! We also got to use maple syrup that Andrew got from one of the Senators of New Hampshire... yum!



Ingredients:
Directions:
  1. Make the popcorn
  2. Place bacon on top of greased cooking rack, on top of a baking sheet
  3. Turn oven to 400 degrees, and place bacon in COLD oven (the trick to perfect bacon!)
  4. Bake for 20 minutes
  5. Combine maple syrup, butter, and the bacon fat
  6. Microwave in 5 second increments until the butter melts (the hot bacon fat will help melt the butter)
  7. Crumble bacon into bits
  8. Add bits to syrup mixture
  9. Pour over popcorn
  10. Add salt
  11. Mix until everything is evenly coated
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment