Monday, September 9, 2013

Garlic Chicken with Charred Cream Cheese



My Grandma was in town last weekend, and we brought her to my favorite bagel place - Once Upon a Bagel. Whenever I go, I get the cream cheese and lox. We screwed our order up a little bit, so we ended up with 3 extra things of cream cheese (not a bad problem to have). I had it at home, but wasn't sure what to do with it. I also had a chicken breast I had taken out of the freezer, so I figured cream cheese chicken sounded fantastic!

*This makes one serving (I ate this for dinner and the next day for lunch). If you need to make this for more people, double/triple/quadruple/etc

Ingredients:
  •  1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 3 tbsp. cream cheese
  • ½ tbsp. chopped parsley
  • 1 tbsp. chopped red onion
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • Toothpicks
  • 1/4 c. flour
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1/4 c. Italian breadcrumbs
  • 2 tbsp. olive oil
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine cream cheese, parsley, red onion, and garlic
  3. Pound out chicken until it's thin
  4. Spread cream cheese mixture onto chicken
  5. Roll up and secure with toothpicks
  6. Put flour, egg, and breadcrumbs in 3 different mixing bowls
  7. Take chicken from flour, to egg, to breadcrumbs
  8. Heat olive oil in nonstick pan over medium heat
  9. Add chicken and brown on all sides
  10. Place chicken in greased baking dish, and top with tin foil
  11. Bake for 35 minutes, then take tin foil off and bake for another 10 minutes
*Take out toothpicks before eating!

The cream cheese seeped out of the chicken and became charred, which tasted AMAZING, especially mixed with the brown rice.

I ate this with brown rice from Trader Joes



Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment