Sunday, September 1, 2013

Pistachio Crusted Chicken


I love pistachios. My Dad always gets a HUGE bag of them for Christmas and we all eat them all year. We always joke that we don't think they would be as good if you didn't have to crack them.. you gotta work for it! This was insanely good and I can't wait to make it again. The dressing made the chicken so moist. It also intrigues me what other nuts I could cover chicken with... Walnuts? Almonds?

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. chopped pistachios (I de-shelled mine and put them in a mini-food processor)
  • 1/4 c. breadcrumbs (I used Italian)
  • 1 tbsp. mustard
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1 tbsp. honey
  • 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast 
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 500 degrees
  2. Spray cooking spray on a baking sheet
  3. Mix together chopped pistachios and breadcrumbs in a bowl
  4. In another bowl, mix together mustard, oil, honey, salt, and pepper
  5. Cut any extra fat off of chicken
  6. Cut chicken into strips or into cubes
  7. Dip chicken into mustard mixture, then into pistachio mixture, and place on baking sheet
  8. Place in oven and turn down to 375 degrees
  9. Bake about 20 minutes, or until coating is brown and chicken is cooked through

I put the chicken on top of a spinach, kale, asparagus, and blue cheese salad. Amazing.

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment