Saturday, September 14, 2013

Homemade Popcorn (Part II)



I have a popcorn obsession. In high school, I used to eat so much popcorn that my Mom got me my own big bowl (shown above). Usually I make my popcorn on the stove (see Homemade Popcorn (Part I). I like this for plain popcorn, as the oil from making the popcorn gives the kernels a lot of flavor. But, it does take a long time, and clean up can be annoying.

So if you're looking for a plainer taste (to put other toppings on) and want something faster with NO cleanup (yes- none!) - use this microwave method.

Ingredients:
  • Brown paper bag
  • 1/3 c. popcorn kernels
Directions:
  1. Put kernels in paper bag
  2. Fold over twice
  3. Pop bag in microwave and stop when you hear kernels slow down to popping every 1-2 seconds (this took mine about 3 minutes)
  4. Add any toppings you like 

This was the base I used for Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment