Saturday, September 21, 2013

Penne with Roasted Broccoli, Chicken, and Balsamic Butter


I made this dish a few years ago when I was cooking about 3 meals A YEAR and it turned out really delicious. I was having a few friends over for dinner, and I thought this would be a healthy, easy option when cooking for a group.

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound penne
  • 1 stick butter, cut into pieces
  • 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 c. + 2 tbsp.balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Chicken from here (optional)
  • Roasted Broccoli
Directions:
  1. Make Roasted Broccoli
  2. Meanwhile, put vinegar in a small saucepan. Put heat on low, and simmer until 3 tablespoons remain (I filled the saucepan with 3 tablespoons first so I knew what to look for)
  3. Stir in brown sugar, a dash of pepper, and remove from heat
  4. Cook penne in salted water until just done
  5. Drain the pasta
  6. Put butter at the bottom of the large bowl
  7. Top with broccoli
  8. Then Parmesan
  9. Then pasta
  10. And finally balsamic mixture
  11. Top with salt and stir so everything is evenly coated
I also added in chicken, following directions from Kooker Pasta

  
Enjoy!
Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment