Sunday, September 22, 2013

Mini Cupcakes


I saw an idea online to make cupcakes using ketchup cups. BRILLIANT! The ketchup cups are sturdy so you can throw a bunch of them on a baking sheet and not worry about a cupcake tin (which I always find so annoying to clean). Also, I think people appreciate a small bite instead of eating an entire cupcake... much more party friendly!

I went to McDonalds and asked them, "Can you give me a sleeve of those ketchup cups?" After a little bit of confusion... "So you don't want any ketchup, just the cups?" they gave me 36 cups and charged me $1.00. Thanks McDonalds!

Makes: 36 mini cupcakes plus one regular sized cupcake

Ingredients:
  • Box of Funfetti mix
  • Can of frosting
  • Any toppings (we used red, white, and blue sprinkles for Andrew's America! party)
  • Ketchup cups
Directions:
  1. Set oven to 350 degrees
  2. Stir Funfetti mix according to directions
  3. Arrange ketchup cups on baking sheet
  4. Spray with PAM
  5. Take a spoon and fill each cup about 1/2-3/4 way

  6. Put in oven and check every 2 minutes after 12 minutes until toothpick comes out clean (this took me 18 minutes but our oven isn't the best)
  7. Let cool completely
  8. Before frosting, snip one side of each cup with scissors so the cupcake "liners" are easier to peel off
  9. Frost and top
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment