Friday, September 6, 2013

Coffe Cake in a Cup



I feel like "__________ in a cup" is a big thing right now. I'm loving it! Cookie in a Cup was one of the absolute best things (not to mention fastest) I have made yet. Not the healthiest, but hey you only live once! I couldn't wait to try again and found this recipe for coffee cake. I love a good, moist coffee cake. This was delicious and used one of my favorite ingredients... Greek yogurt!  Sour cream may have made this better but I figured I might as well try to be a little healthy if I'm already eating 2 tbsp. of butter. Plus I ate out of one of my Wisconsin mugs to cheer for Montee Ball's NFL debut!

Ingredients:
  • 1 tbsp. butter  (+ 1 tbsp. for topping)
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp. Greek yogurt (original recipe calls for sour cream)
  • 3 drops of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 c. flour (+ 2 tbsp. for topping)
  • 1/8 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Put 1 tbsp. butter in cup
  2. Microwave for 15 seconds (not to melt, just to soften)
  3. Stir in sugar until fully mixed
  4. Stir in egg, Greek yogurt, vanilla, flour, and baking soda
  5. In a separate bowl, soften another 1 tbsp. of butter (again, about 15 seconds)
  6. Add in 2 tbsp. flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
  7.  Work together with fingers to make crumbles
    I dropped this all over the floor about 1.5 seconds after this picture was taken... Fantastic
  8. Pour the crumble mixture on top of everything in the cup
  9. Microwave on high for 1 minute, and then in 10 second intervals
  10. Let cool for 5 minutes
  11. Stir the contents of the cup to mix the cake and the crumble mixture (plus, it looks much more appetizing once everything is mixed!)
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment