Saturday, September 28, 2013

Blueberry Muffins with a Buttery Cinnamon Sugar Crumble Topping




I just love a good blueberry muffin. My favorite part is the crumble on the top, so I usually just eat the top of the muffin, which always makes me think of Seinfeld...


Andrew loves blueberry muffins as well, so I thought I would make him one last birthday treat (Mini Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake, and a Beer Cake... I'd say it was a pretty good birthday!)

When I put the crumble on top, while the muffins baked, the crumble mixture sank to the middle so the muffins had a small topping but also a delicious buttery cinnamon sugar center. Yum! I would absolutely make these again.

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 c. flour
  • 1 1/4 c. white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/3 c. vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 c. whole milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 c. fresh blueberries
  •  1/4 c. butter, soft and cubed
  • 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Grease muffin cups or put in liners
  3. Combine 1 1/2 c. flour, 3/4 c. sugar, salt and baking powder
  4. Combine oil, egg, milk, and vanilla extract
  5. Add wet mixture to flour mixture
  6. Put in blueberries and stir gently

  7. Fill cups about 2/3 of the way high
  8. To make crumb mixture, combine 1/2 c. sugar, 1/4 c. flour, butter, and cinnamon
  9. Mix well with fork
  10. Sprinkle crumb mixture over muffins
  11. Bake for about 22 minutes or until done 
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment