Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake


It's my husband's 29th birthday today! He loves cookie cake, so I wanted to make him one. I made one a few years ago and it was just "eh." So I started looking around for another recipe and found one. The one I found called for "cornstarch". I didn't have any of that, so I went to Jewel. I could only find corn syrup, so I thought, "Hm, it's probably the same." Beginner cooker "mistake". Mistake in quotations because this is AMAZING. Seriously. The best thing I've ever eaten! It takes like dough, but has a little more crunch like a cookie. Sadly I ate three slices before Andrew even had his first one.

Andrew gave it two words: "absolutely delicious" :)

You can also make the dough beforehand and chill overnight if you want to do this over two days.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter (room temperature)
  • 3/4 c. dark brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 egg (room temperature)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 c. all purpose flour
  • 2 tsp. corn syrup
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 1/2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Bring butter to room temperature (I forgot to do this and just microwaved the sticks at 5 second intervals for 20 seconds)
  2. Cream butter and sugar together for about 4 minutes
  3. If egg is not at room temperature, put in bowl of luke warm water for about 5 minutes
    Addie is super confused
  4. Add egg and vanilla extract
  5. Add flour, corn syrup, baking soda, and salt
  6. Stir in chocolate chips
    YUM
  7. Chill for at least 30 minutes or overnight (do the dishes during this time. Or go workout. Trust me you'll be happy you did later)
  8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  9. Place parchment paper in the bottom of the pan you're using
  10. Spread dough out evenly (it will be thick!)
  11. Bake 19 minutes
  12. Let cool for a few minutes, and then transfer to cooling rack
  13. Let cool completely before icing

I ate mine with ice cream from McDonalds... don't judge me!
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here


Happy Birthday! I love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment