Sunday, September 1, 2013

BLT with Cheese and Fried Egg


When I was training for the half marathon, I liked to run my long runs on the weekend. I would wake up early, get the run done, eat a HUGE meal, and then relax for the rest of the day. It was exhausting but I absolutely loved it. I think it might be time to sign up for my next race...

BLT just says "summer" to me, and after a long run I thought I might as well add cheese and a fried egg. I needed protein!

Ingredients:
  • Two slices of bread (I think white is always better for a BLT)
  • Three slices of bacon
  • Two tomato slices
  • Two slices of American cheese
  • 1 tbsp. mayo
  • Lettuce
  • Egg
  • Olive oil
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Heat olive oil over medium heat
  2. Crack egg and cook to your liking
  3. Microwave bacon until to your liking
  4. Toast bread
  5. Top with mayo, bacon, tomato, cheese, lettuce, egg, and salt and pepper
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment