Monday, September 2, 2013

Cobb Salad Inspired Sandwich

  
My mother-in-law, two sister-in-laws, and I often send each other recipes, and my mother-in-law sent me an email with a Cobb Grilled Cheese. I think I started drooling the second I saw the picture and I knew I had to recreate it immediately. I also think this picture is one of my best! Maybe food photography is in my future?

Ingredients:
  • Two slices of bread
  • Egg
  • Tomato
  • Avocado
  • Bacon
  • Blue cheese 
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Put bread in toaster
  2. Heat butter over skillet
  3. When hot, crack egg and heat until your liking (I like my eggs a little firm but still a little runny)
  4. Microwave bacon until your liking (I like mine as crisp as can be)
  5. Top toasted bread with egg, tomato, slices of avocado, bacon, and one huge chunk of blue cheese
I know typical Cobb salads have chicken, so next time I make this I might add some grilled chicken (though I don't know if I could eat this sandwich if it got any thicker)

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment