Friday, March 21, 2014

Spicy Plantain Chips

 

I had never purchased a plantain before, but I guess there's no time like the present! For some reason today I have been craving something crispy and crunchy, but since I can't eat chips, I decided to try to bake some "chips." Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients:
  • One plaintain
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Dash of cumin
  • Dash of paprika
  • Dash of garlic powder
  • Dash of chili powder
  • Double dash of cayenne pepper
  • Double dash of salt
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Cut up plantain into slices (mine were about 1/2 cm)
  3. Add everything into a medium bowl and mix with hands
  4. Put parchment paper on baking sheet
  5. Place "chips" onto sheet
  6. Bake for 10 minutes and flip
  7. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until browned
I also did this with sweet potatoes:


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment