Sunday, March 16, 2014

Homemade Mayo

 

I'm not a huge chicken or tuna salad person, but I thought it would be a good way to eat more vegetables and eat tuna. So I found this recipe for homemade mayo. It surprises me how easy it is! I used garlic olive oil so it turned out really garlicky, but that's exactly what I wanted. (Also check the link for a video!)

Ingredients:
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice (can use fresh or bottled)
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/4 c. light tasting olive oil
Directions:
  1.  Place egg and lemon juice in blender and let sit for 60 minutes
  2. Add dry mustard, salt, and 1/4 c. of the oil
  3. Blend for 30 seconds
  4. Then, SLOWLY (over about 3 minutes) pour the rest of the olive oil in (1 cup) until fully blended
  5. Put in the fridge for half hour to harden up
Done! Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment