Sunday, March 16, 2014

Homemade Hollandaise Sauce


I LOVE eggs Benedict. That's usually my go to breakfast or brunch selection. There's a ton of butter in the sauce, so I didn't think I could eat it during the Whole30 challenge, but I found this approved recipe. It was very easy and super delicious!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. ghee butter
  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 tbsp. lemon juice (you can use bottled or fresh lemon juice - I used fresh)
  • Dash of salt
  • Dash of cayenne pepper
Directions:
  1. Melt the ghee butter slowly (in 5 second intervals in the microwave)
  2. Put the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt and pepper in the blender and blend for 30 seconds
  3. Then slowly add the melted ghee into the blender until well blended
I ate this with smoked salmon

and crab

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment