Sunday, March 9, 2014

Banana Bread French Toast

 
I've never made french toast before. I don't think it was ever something we made in my house when we were growing up - we were more pancakes and eggs kinds of people. My Mom makes delicious banana bread, and Egg Harbor, a cute restaurant near my parent's house, makes a jaw dropping banana bread french toast. I wanted to re-create it.

This was amazing. I actually couldn't decide if it was breakfast or dessert - perfect for someone with a sweet tooth!

Ingredients:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 1 tsp. vanilla exract
  • 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1 tbsp. butter
  • Already made banana bread (About 4 thick slices)
Directions:
  1. Whisk the first four ingredients together in a bowl

  2. Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat and melt the butter
  3. Dip each slice of banana bread in the egg mixture and let sit for about 30 seconds or until the bread has absorbed the mixture
  4. Place on buttered surface and cook for about 3 minutes per side
 I served with banana, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate sauce, a dash of cinnamon, and syrup. 

Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment