Sunday, March 16, 2014

Homemade Fruit Roll Ups



I saw these on Pinterest and they looked both really easy and really delicious. I had to try it!

Ingredients:
  • Cut up mango (I bought the pre-cut stuff from Trader Joes) or another fruit
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 175 degrees
  2. Line baking sheet with Silpat or parchment paper
  3. Blend fruit until smooth in a food processor
  4. Use a spatula to evenly spread the puree as flat as possible
  5. Bake for about 3 1/2 hours, or until dry and pliable

You can make the mango into actual roll ups (original recipe and directions here) but I ate them straight off the pan, tearing them into these long strips. And I ate the whole thing. THE WHOLE THING. I was really craving a sweet treat and this hit the spot!


I tried again with strawberry and it was just as good. Always remember to make the puree as smooth as possible, or some parts with be done when other parts are not nearly finished (my edges were really thin and the middle was really thick)




Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment