Monday, March 3, 2014

Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Soup

 

Before making this, I had never had broccoli and cheese soup. I feel like everyone would get it at Panera Bread, and I would always stick with the classic chicken noodle. There's a time for everything, so when I saw this 5 ingredient soup, I figured I had to try it!

It was so simple, it made a TON (I had it for lunch for a week) and I never got sick of it. The only thing was that my cheese did curdle, but I feel like it tasted just fine. Is that weird? I figured that was fine :)

Ingredients:
  • 3 c. stock (chicken or vegetable depending on your preferences)
  • 1 head of broccoli cut up into florets (I liked bigger pieces but if you like smaller - cut smaller)
  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 1 can evaporated milk (15 oz)
  • 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
  • Salt and pepper
Ingredients:
  1. Stick together stock, broccoli, onion, milk and cheese together in a saucepan
  2. Heat over medium heat until simmering. This will take a long time, but be patient and don't turn up the heat!
  3. When soup starts to simmer, turn heat to medium/medium low, cover, and cook for 15 minutes or until the onion is soft
  4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
I ate mine with a hollowed out bread bowl, which was delicious, but it was good just as is. Of course I sprinkled more cheese on top when I was done :)

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment