Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sweet Potato Tater Tot Blue Cheese and Candied Bacon Buffalo Chicken Casserole


When I saw the title to the original dish that this idea came from (Buffalo Chicken Tater Tot Casserole), my mind was blown. But when I decided to make the tater tots sweet potato tater tots and add candied bacon to the blue cheese level, my mind can barely wrap around everything going on. This is amazing! There are so many different flavors but I think they all come together really nicely. I had 7 friends over for dinner one night and everyone loved it!

Ingredients:
  • 4 chicken breasts (2 pounds)
  • 3/4 c. butter
  • 1 c. hot sauce
  • ½ tsp garlic powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
  • 3/4 c. candied blue cheese
  • 1 package Tater Tots (from the frozen section)
  • 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions:
  1. Make Candied Bacon and chop into small pieces

  2. Make Easy Shredded Chicken (I take frozen chicken breasts and put them in my refrigerator the night before a chicken dinner)
  3. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium
  4. Combine hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt
  5. Whisk hot sauce into melted butter and let simmer for 3 minutes
  6. Remove from heat and let cool
  7. Preheat oven to 350F.
  8. Reserve 1/3 c. of the buffalo sauce
  9. Take remaining, add to chicken, and spread on the bottom of a casserole dish


  10. Combine blue cheese and candied bacon
  11. Layer on top of chicken
  12. Do the next layer with the Tater Tots (can take right out of the freezer) 
  13. Pour over the rest of the buffalo sauce
  14. Sprinkle cheese 
  15. Bake for 40 minute (I covered with aluminum foil for 25 minutes and without for 15).
  16. Let sit 5 minutes before serving
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment