Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Baked Avocado with Salsa



I still have so many avocados from when I made Homemade Guacamole. First, I made AvoToast. Andrew and I were running to a movie, and I wanted to eat something fast but also healthy. Andrew also dug up some salsa in the fridge that I forgot we had. I loved this!

Ingredients:
  • One avocado
  • 1/4 c. Italian breadcrumbs
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • 5 leaves fresh basil, cut up
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 c. salsa
  • 1/4 c. Parmesan cheese
  • Salt and pepper
Directions:
  1. Set oven to 400 degrees
  2. Slice open avocado (not the equator but the other way) and take pit out
  3. Combine breadcrumbs, lemon juice, basil, and garlic and mix   
  4. Divide salsa between two avocado holes
  5. Top salsa with breadcrumb mixture
  6. Top with cheese, salt, and pepper
  7. Put on baking sheet and cook for 5 minutes  
This was a really interesting mixture of flavor. Very fresh and a different taste each bite. Try it!

Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment