Monday, October 28, 2013

Candied Bacon and Chocolate Chip Cookies

 

Bacon is a huge thing right now. Just do a "find" on my blog and bacon comes up over and over again. When I made the candied bacon, I could barely stop eating it. I almost didn't stop myself until I realized I wouldn't have any for the cookies! When I visited my friend Natalee in New York, we went to Chelsea Market, and I tried a chocolate covered candied bacon candy. AMAZING. I had to find a recipe that replicated that taste!

Ingredients:
  • 2 1/4 c. flour
  • 1/2 tsp. baking soda
  • 3/4 c. butter
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • Egg
  • Egg yolk
  • 2 c. chocolate chips
  • Candied Bacon

Directions:
  1. Make candied bacon, cool, and chop into small pieces

  2. Melt butter and cool slightly
  3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
  4. Combine flour and baking soda
  5. In a stand up mixer, cream butter with sugars
  6. Add vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and beat until fully mixed
  7. Add flour and baking soda
  8. Add bacon and chocolate chips and stir lightly

  9. Add parchment paper to baking sheets
  10. Make golf sized balls and put on sheet

  11. Bake for about 14 minutes
  12. After removing from oven, let cool for 2 minutes before adding to a cooling rack and letting cool completely
Enjoy!

Kelsey

Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment