Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Potato Chip Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Bars


I love the combination of sweet and salty. Andrew and I are obsessed with our Imitation Potbelly's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, so I figured why not add some crushed potato chips to the mix?!

I'd like to say I thought of the idea of bars on my own, but it actually happened because I made a mistake. In my original mix, I made cookies. While they cooked, I knew something was wrong, and I realized I forgot to put baking soda in the mix. I didn't want to wash the pan before using it again, so I decided to press the mixture into a baking dish. Delicious!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 c. butter
  • 1 c. brown sugar
  • 1 c. white sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 1/2 c. quick oats
  • 2 c. flour
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 2 c. chocolate chips
  • 2 c. potato chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. In a large mixing bowl, cream softened butter and sugars. Add in egg, one at a time, mixing after each time. Mix in vanilla
  3. In a separate bowl, mix together oats, flour, baking soda, and salt
  4. Add dry ingredients slowly into the butter mixture, about one cup at a time, until everything is mixed together
  5. Mix in chocolate chips and potato chips
  6. Spray cooking spray on a brownie dish
  7. Press mixture into dish 
  8. Bake for about 10 minutes
  9.  Let cool before cutting into squares 
Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment