Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Spicy Sweet Potato and Kale Cheese Pizza


I get recipes everyday from Epicurious, and I got this one recently. It looked so delicious and I had to try it! I sent it to my friend Jennifer who I work with as we've exchanged a few recipes back and forth and I feel like she has similar tastes. She emailed me back and said she has a plot in her community garden and is growing kale (among other things) and asked if I'd like to have some. How perfect!!

This was delicious and a perfect Fall meal. The kale roasts with the olive oil on top of the pizza, the dough was cooked perfectly, and the sweet potato (with a small hint of spicy) was almost like a delicious surprise in every bite.

Ingredients:

  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
  • 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like things spicy)  
  • 1 package prepared pizza dough (I used white from Trader Joes - cheap and delicious)
  • 1 bunch curly kale
  • 1/4 c. crumbled goat cheese
  • 1/4 c. shredded Parmesan
  • 10 almonds
  • Pinch of salt
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 425 degrees
  2. Place almonds in small food processor
  3. Pulse until crushed
  4. Remove stem from kale and tear into bite size pieces. Set aside
  5. Peel sweet potato and cut into 1/2 inch cubes 
  6. Boil a large pot of water. When it boils, cook potato about 9 minutes or until a fork easily enters the potato
  7. Meanwhile, roll out dough until 1/4 inch thick.
  8. Lightly cover baking sheet in olive oil and place dough on top
  9. When potato is done, drain and let cool for 5 minutes
  10. Pulse potato, 1 tbsp. olive oil, red pepper, and pinch of salt in food processor until smooth

  11.  Spread sauce over dough
  12. Place kale on top of dough and pour or spray the rest of the olive oil over
  13. Top with cheese
  14. Bake until crust is golden (this took me 20 minutes), adding nuts in the last 3 minutes
Enjoy!

Kelsey
Riggins loves sweet potato :)
Original recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment