Monday, October 28, 2013

Homemade Pesto



Pesto is one of my favorite things in the world. In college at the Madison, WI farmer's market, I would always buy a huge thing of pesto and try to make it last until the next time I was able to go. Living in Chicago, we don't go up to Madison as much, so I wanted to make my own.

What I like about pesto is you can adjust according to your taste. This recipe took a lot of trial and error (not complaining!) and this is the combination I liked. But taste as you go, and add more, or take away some from what I have.

Ingredients:
  • 3 c. fresh basil leaves
  • 1/2 c. roasted pine nuts (I bought them roasted but you can roast them yourself)
  • 1 tsp. minced garlic
  • 1/4 c. olive oil
  • 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Chop basil
  2. Put basil, pine nuts, and garlic in food processor and mix until well blended
  3. Slowly add oil until well blended and you like the taste
  4. Add in cheese until just blended
Enjoy!

Kelsey



No comments:

Post a Comment