Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Kale Chips


October 2nd is National Kale Day! Who knew?! To celebrate I thought I would make a classic that I love but have actually never made on my own... kale chips. I still had a ton of kale that my friend gave me leftover from the Spicy Sweet Potato and Kale Cheese Pizza. They're so easy and delicious, and such a healthy snack.

Ingredients:
  • Curly kale, stems removed (I used about 4 bunches, but you can use more or less depending on your needs)
  • 1 tsp. olive oil
  • Dash of sea salt
Directions:
  1. Heat oven to 375 degrees
  2. Make sure kale is clean and completely dry
  3. Tear into bite size pieces
  4. Cover baking sheet with parchment paper
  5. Put kale over parchment paper
  6. Pour olive oil over kale and massage into leaves with fingers
  7. Top with salt
  8. Bake for 12 minutes, stirring halfway through
Kale burns really easily, so I always do about a minute short. I'd rather almost completely cooked over a little burned.  This tasted great on top of the pizza I was eating as leftovers!

I also cooked them on the same pan as I was cooking the Spinach Chips which worked great! (Though keep in mind the spinach chips don't take as long so you need to take them off the sheet when they're done and put the kale back in to finish cooking)


Enjoy!

Kelsey

No comments:

Post a Comment